You play the music of my heart

 I wait for the words 

To come out of the silence.

But for now, I only hear the music.


Only I hear the music.

It’s playing a sad song today.


Piano. Then violin and cello

batter the strings of my heart. 


A tear breaks free

And it runs down my cheek.


I think of the love lost. A love treasured.

Your sweet smile, your tender voice. 

It tears me apart. 


We are one, and yet

Who am I?

But only a shadow of your being. 


Take me with you

To the bottom

10,000 miles below

Where time is standing still. 

Under water. 


A guitar starts to strum.

Reminiscing the good times we shared. 


I know that I’d rather have lived a day, with you

Than a lifetime without. 

But if I could only have one more of those

carefree days.

I’ll miss you for the rest of all of my days.


Our moments together come alive 

In my mind’s eye. 

I almost smile, welling up with gratitude. 

That you ever lived. 


I will always remember. 

I will always remember.

I will always miss you.

I will always be a part of you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief.

The sun shines...

Only time will tell